Saturday, September 17, 2011

Weather Underground

During my bike ride across the country in 2009, I became addicted to Weather
Underground (www.wunderground.com). The main topic of discussion every
morning at breakfast was the weather, most important, wind direction and
intensity. (It's a myth at the wind always blows from the west!)


Although it's a few days away, wunderground.com is predicting showers for
our first day of riding from South Portland, Maine, to Portsmouth, New
Hampshire, with head winds!


I've completed my training, a thousand miles on the bicycle in the past four
weeks! The bags are packed; I'm only taking a bare minimum. Tuesday, I fly
from Los Angeles to Maine. Wednesday, I'll check out the bicycle, meet the
other riders, and attend the orientation. Thursday, we start the adventure!
I'm excited.

1 comment:

  1. And in addition to wind and rain...I went out this morning with the temp at 52. Make sure you have fingers on your gloves and something for the ears...w-underground is showing temps at just above 4o in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete